Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Server status (whether server's down or command related info)

Right now the server is down because of my computer getting stuck at the boot up screen. The server will come back so don't worry. The exact problem with my computer is that when I turn on my computer it says that windows failed to start correctly and gives 5 options: Safe mode, Safe mode with networking(internet), Safe mode with command prompt(useless for me), Last Good Known working configuration, and start normally. If I choose any of those if brings it back to the 5 options after failing to load desktop itself. However pressing F8 at the startup and disabling automatic restart on error (which makes it reboot itself over and over and over without choosing this option) results in a blue screen error. The error is an (it says this exactly) UNMOUNTABLE BOOT ERROR. The way to fix is to fix something with bios (main motherboard of computer(very risky)) or finding the windows repair disk hitting r to repair and running chkdsk(check disk) supposedly that should fix the error immediately. Now to the problem: I have no idea where the disk went so once I find it with luck the server will be back up. Thanks if you read all this and here's hoping the server will be running soon -9blades-

1 comment:

  1. Ohgod i totally forgot this server existed.


    Hopefully it comes back soon

    - Your friendly neighbourhood Ownagemonkey

    ReplyDelete